AYURVEDA, HERBALISM, SELF CARE
ADVANCED TRAINING/ RETREAT
FEBRUARY 24 - MARCH 8, 2018
HARMONY RIDGE RETREAT CENTER IN NEVADA CITY, CA
with Dr. Justine Lemos, Ashleigh Sergeant, Meg McCraken & Mary Wutz
This unique retreat-style training is open to all-levels of students and ALSO counts for 100 Hours towards our 500 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Advanced Teacher Training Program.
An empowering immersion into the practical, mystical and healing wisdom of three ancient traditions: Yoga, Ayurveda and Herbalism. These three distinct pathways each celebrate our alignment with nature as the foundation of vital health. This retreat-style training is a mind-opening journey into some of the oldest healing traditions in the world. Learn how they are unique and distinct and where these pathways intersect through the lens of prana: the intelligent force that is the essence of life. Cultivate your personal path of wellbeing, gather more tools and techniques to help others and deepen your intuitive capacity for healing and personal evolution.
In this retreat you will explore, experience and learn:
- How to use prana, the vital source of life, to create healing, evolution and clarity.
- A wide array of physical movement practices to create elasticity in the connective tissues, revitalize the organs, support the central nervous system and balance the endocrine system.
- Traditional yogic purification and self-care techniques that support mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health.
- What are the doshas and how they can affect our energy.
- The doshas and sub-doshas and how they relate to the chakras.
- Methods for assessing and rectifying chakra imbalances.
- Pranayama and meditation practices to access healing states.
- How to cope with stress and change.
- Ayurvedic massage: how & why to practice it.
- How to finally get a good night’s sleep.
- How to eat for your body type.
- Intro to Western Herbalism: Theory and Practice.
- Herbal rasayanas for energy renewa.
- Plant Spirit Medicine: Connecting with your plant allies and their sentience to facilitate healing for yourself and your clients.
- Spiritual Hygiene: Plants for clearing, protecting and assisting with energetic boundaries.